You probably have a lot of questions, especially because replacement windows are a big investment. You want to make sure you are getting the best for your money. We want that too! So here are some answers to the most common questions we get from prospective customers:
When Should I Purchase Replacement Windows?
There is no clear-cut answer for when you should get new windows. It just depends on the age, functionality, and style of your old windows. Most people wait for something big to go wrong before replacing windows, like a baseball through the glass. But that means you are at the mercy of the contractor. Instead, stay ahead of major problems by watching for these signs:
– Drafts in the winter or unwanted heat in the summer
– Condensation between the window panes
– Difficulty opening and closing your windows
– Broken glass or warped frames
– Faulty locks and latches
•Unwanted outside noise when windows are closed
– Hard to clean and maintain
How do I Find a Good Contactor?
There are several things to look for when deciding on a window company. You want to see longevity, experience, certifications, exceptional service, and customer testimonials. At California Window & Door we don’t just meet the standard, we set the standard. We do not hire subcontractors. We use our own team of expert and knowledgeable staff who take pride in the workmanship of their installations. We do everything we can to make sure our customer’s expectations are met. You get high quality products at great prices. Don’t just take our word for it. Read over the testimonials and reviews and find out why so many homeowners in Anaheim, CA have trusted us with their replacement windows.
What are the Material Options?
Along with style, size, color and hardware you also have to decide on the material for replacement windows Huntington Beach, CA. There are several options, and each comes with pros and cons. Here they are:
– Vinyl. These windows are made of constructions grade polyvinyl chloride (PVC). It is durable, strong, and energy efficient. It will not warp, rot, or fade over time. It is also affordable. These windows only come in select neutral colors, and you cannot paint them.
– Aluminum. These are another affordable option for homeowners. The material is strong, light, and thin which means it can hold larger panes of glass and open up a wider view. Unfortunately metal is not the best insulator and the finish can scratch or chip.
– Wood. This material is a classic for a reason. The beautiful finish bring a traditional touch. You can custom paint these windows to match any style, and it is a renewable resource. Wood is also an exception insulator. Unfortunately the material does not hold up as well as the others. It is not only expensive to install, but can be costly to maintain year after year.
– Fiberglass. If you want the best of both worlds then you should choose fiberglass. This material is strong, resilient, and energy efficient. It looks great, comes in a variety of custom finishes, and will withstand the test of time. The only downside is that these windows will cost more up front.
How Long Will it Take to Get Replacement Windows?
Lead times will fluctuate based on the season and the manufacturer. An average is about four weeks. Then, depending on location and number of windows, installation usually takes a couple of days if the weather permits. Our white-glove installation process means the crew will be in and out as quickly as possible without leaving a trace.
Now that you know some basics about California Window & Solar we hope you will contact us at (949) 284-7483 or visit us at 2915 Red Hill Ave Ste B104 Costa Mesa, CA 92626. We will provide a free, in-home consultation and simplify the buying process. You can have the best windows for you home at a great price in Anaheim, CA.